Kon Construction Ltd is committed to protecting human health and the environment through regulatory compliance and the continuous review of our construction operations. We intend to meet this commitment through the application of the following principles:
- Introduction of environmental requirements as an integral part of our business operations.
- Minimization of health hazards.
- Evaluation and assessment of our construction operations to provide environmental protection.
- Assessment of potential environmental risks.
- Evaluation and monitoring of our environmental performance to applicable standards.
- Maintaining an effective communication and reporting system, and
- Providing education and training.
The City of Calgary and the City of Edmonton have a significant influence on the local and surrounding environment. Therefore, ensuring that environmental considerations are a part of all activities and operations at Kon Construction is essential. The City of Calgary and the City of Edmonton both have environment policies that demonstrate their commitment to protecting the environment, they include:
- Complying with applicable legislation.
- Conserving resources and preventing pollution.
- Continually improving their environmental performance.
As a contractor our environmental performance is critical to help both city’s meet their commitment to protect the environment and comply with all environmental laws and regulations.